Associate Professor Dr.Sakonvan Chawchai
Geochemistry and Paleoclimate
- PhD Geological Sciences, Stockholm University (2014)
- Dipl.-Min. Diplommineraloge/-in, Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg, Germany (2009)
- BSc Geology, Chulalongkorn University (2006)
List of Publications
- Yamoah, K. A. et al. A muted El Niño-like condition during late MIS 3. Quat. Sci. Rev. 254, 106782 (2021).
- Loisel, J. et al. Expert assessment of future vulnerability of the global peatland carbon sink. Nat. Clim. Change 11, 70–77 (2021).
- Chawchai, S. et al. Hydroclimate variability of central Indo-Pacific region during the Holocene. Quat. Sci. Rev. 253, 106779 (2021).
- Srisunthon, P. & Chawchai, S. Land-Use Changes and the Effects of Oil Palm Expansion on a Peatland in Southern Thailand. Front. Earth Sci. 8, (2020).
- Rattanawong, T., Bissen, R., Kumpairoh, W. & Chawchai, S. Geochemical Characteristics of Three Hot Springs from Western Thailand. Appl. Environ. Res. 42, 101–113 (2020).
- Liu, G. et al. On the glacial-interglacial variability of the Asian monsoon in speleothem δ18O records. Sci. Adv. 6, eaay8189 (2020).
- Lan, J. et al. Late Holocene hydroclimatic variation in central Asia and its response to mid-latitude Westerlies and solar irradiance. Quat. Sci. Rev. 238, 106330 (2020).
- Lan, J. et al. Time marker of 137Cs fallout maximum in lake sediments of Northwest China. Quat. Sci. Rev. 241, 106413 (2020).
- Comas-Bru, L. et al. SISALv2: a comprehensive speleothem isotope database with multiple age–depth models. Earth Syst. Sci. Data 12, 2579–2606 (2020).
- Chawchai, S. et al. Hydroclimate variability of western Thailand during the last 1400 years. Quat. Sci. Rev. 241, 106423 (2020).
- Bissen, R. & Chawchai, S. Microplastics on beaches along the eastern Gulf of Thailand – A preliminary study. Mar. Pollut. Bull. 157, 111345 (2020).
- Tan, L. et al. Rainfall variations in central Indo-Pacific over the past 2,700 y. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 116, 17201–17206 (2019).
- Puttagan, T., Chawchai, S., Surakiatchai, P., Chalorsantisakul, S. & Preusser, F. Luminescence dating of brick constructions being part of Songkhla City Wall, Southern Thailand. Archaeol. Anthropol. Sci. 11, 5393–5403 (2019).
- Comas-Bru, L. et al. Evaluating model outputs using integrated global speleothem records of climate change since the last glacial. Clim. Past 15, 1557–1579 (2019).
- Surakiatchai, P. et al. Paleogeographic Reconstruction and History of the Sea Level Change at Sam Roi Yot National Park, Gulf of Thailand. Trop. Nat. Hist. 18, 112–134 (2018).
- Dubois, N. et al. First human impacts and responses of aquatic systems: A review of palaeolimnological records from around the world. Anthr. Rev. 5, 28–68 (2018).
- Chawchai, S. et al. Stalagmites from western Thailand: preliminary investigations and challenges for palaeoenvironmental research. Boreas 47, 367–376 (2018).
- Chawchai, S. & Bissen, R. Understanding the Weathering Process of Antimony Minerals: Case Study Sb-Mine Sulzburg, Black Forest, Germany. Appl. Environ. Res. 40, 1–16 (2018).
- Atsawawaranunt, K. et al. The SISAL database: a global resource to document oxygen and carbon isotope records from speleothems. Earth Syst. Sci. Data 10, 1687–1713 (2018).
- Yamoah, K. A. et al. Societal response to monsoonal fluctuations in NE Thailand during the demise of Angkor Civilisation. The Holocene 27, 1455–1464 (2017).
- Yamoah, K. K. A. et al. Large variability in n-alkane δ13C values in Lake Pa Kho (Thailand) driven by wetland wetness and aquatic productivity. Org. Geochem. 97, 53–60 (2016).
- Yamoah, K. A. et al. A 2000-year leaf wax-based hydrogen isotope record from Southeast Asia suggests low frequency ENSO-like teleconnections on a centennial timescale. Quat. Sci. Rev. 148, 44–53 (2016).
- Wohlfarth, B. et al. Human adaptation to mid- to late-Holocene climate change in Northeast Thailand. The Holocene 26, 1875–1886 (2016).
- Chawchai, S. et al. Lake Kumphawapi revisited – The complex climatic and environmental record of a tropical wetland in NE Thailand. The Holocene 26, 614–626 (2016).
- Chawchai, S., Kylander, M. E., Chabangborn, A., Löwemark, L. & Wohlfarth, B. Testing commonly used X-ray fluorescence core scanning-based proxies for organic-rich lake sediments and peat. Boreas 45, 180–189 (2016).
- Chawchai, S. et al. Hydroclimatic shifts in northeast Thailand during the last two millennia – the record of Lake Pa Kho. Quat. Sci. Rev. 111, 62–71 (2015).
- Chawchai, S. et al. Lake Kumphawapi – an archive of Holocene palaeoenvironmental and palaeoclimatic changes in northeast Thailand. Quat. Sci. Rev. 68, 59–75 (2013).
- Wohlfarth, B. et al. Holocene environmental changes in northeast Thailand as reconstructed from a tropical wetland. Glob. Planet. Change 92–93, 148–161 (2012).