The Department of Geology at Chulalongkorn University was the first in Thailand to offer classes in geology in 1958. The department was officially established with the approval of the University Council on July 13th 1959.
Our department has organized short training courses to enhance knowledge and enlarge the academic experience of geologists who work in the government and private sectors.
- Research Unit for Earthquake and Tectonics Geology of Mainland Southeast Asia
- Geo-InformaticS center for Thailand
- Applied Mineralogy and Petrology Research Group
Head of department : Assistant Professor Dr. Akkaneewut JirapinyakulAddress Department of Geology, Faculty of Science, Chulalongkorn University
- Phyathai Road, Patumwan
- Bangkok, Thailand 10330
- Telephone: +662-218-5442 – 3
- Fax: +662-218-5464
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org